Proudly serving clients throughout Australia

Conveyancing and Property Lawyers

Conveyancing Brisbane, Sydney & Goondiwindi

Our law firm has provided conveyancing and property law services to thousands of clients since 1984. Including residential purchases, large and small property developers, banks and other financial institutions. Throughout Goondiwindi, Brisbane, Sydney, and surrounding regions in NSW and QLD.

Why choose Doyle Wilson Solicitors for Conveyancing and Property Law?


Information about conveyancing and property law

Conveyancing is the process of transferring ownership of a legal Title of land to the new owner. This can be from a person or entity (e.g. a corporation).

A conveyancing transaction generally consists of three stages:

  • pre-contract
  • pre-completion
  • post-completion


It’s recommended that you hire a professional conveyancer to conduct your conveyancing. This is due to the complexity of the legal work. Otherwise, you could make critical errors. 

For example, you might lose the property and forfeit your 10 per cent deposit. But, if you hire a conveyancer, if they make an error, you’ll be covered by their professional indemnity insurance.

A conveyancer is a licensed professional who specialises in providing advice and information about the sale of a property.

Conveyancers don’t have to be solicitors. But, solicitors or lawyers often provide conveyancing services.

It’s recommended that you engage a conveyancer whenever you are:

  • buying or selling a property
  • subdividing land
  • updating a Title (i.e. registering a death)
  • registering, changing or removing an easement

Conveyancer duties include:

  • Preparing the client for critical dates during the buying or selling of property.
  • Communicating with lawyers from the other party.
  • Instructing the client on what actions they need to take.

A conveyancer or property lawyer oversees the settlement process.

While it might appear easy, most home buyers and sellers don’t realise how much work is involved.

Yes, legally transferring a property to a new owner is no simple task

If you’ve never done this before, it could take weeks to finalise the property settlement.

Are you confident you’ll understand the legal documents? Do you know how to lodge them? Do you have time to learn how it’s done?

If not, consider contacting Doyle Wilson Solicitors for an obligation-free consultation.

  • Take initial instructions on the matter.
  • Provide you with details of the conveyance.
  • Liaise with your financier (if applicable)
  • Liaise with the property agent (if applicable).
  • Liaise with your accountant (if required).
  • Conduct all searches and enquiries and advising you in relation to those searches.
  • Prepare the transfer documents necessary to effect the transfer of title to you.
  • Arrange for the execution of all transfer documents.
  • Attend to the stamping of the contract and transfer documents.
  • Calculate settlement figures, arrange and attend the settlement.
  • Book settlement with your financier (if applicable).
  • Liaise with you or your financier in relation to settlement funds.
  • Notify the local authority of the change of ownership.
  • Provide your accountant with all necessary information to complete all necessary taxation returns.
  • Take initial instructions on the matter.
  • Prepare the contract for sale (if required).
  • Provide you with details of the conveyance.
  • Liaise with the real estate agent (if applicable).
  • Liaise with your accountant (if applicable).
  • Conduct searches and enquiries and advise you in relation to those searches.
  • Arrange for the execution of all transfer documents.
  • Calculate settlement figures and arrange and attend settlement.
  • Liaise with you or your financier in relation to settlement funds.
  • Provide your accountant with all necessary information to complete all necessary taxation returns.
  • Update you with settlement details.
  • Are you a member of the Australian Institute of Conveyancers?
  • What types of property do you specialise in?
  • How much will it cost? What are your fees and charges? What will I have to pay at settlement? What other costs are there?
  • How will you communicate with me and how often?

What our property lawyers and conveyancers can do for you

  • Acting for buyers and sellers of residential and commercial property. Such as drafting and advising on contracts.
  • Acting for individuals who need help with resumptions of property by Councils and the Roads & Maritime Services (Road Traffic Authority – RTA).
  • Advising people who are considering going into a Retirement Village or Nursing Home (including advising them about Deeds of Licence and other “retirement living” documentation).
  • Assisting land developers with subdivisions relating to land under Torrens Title, Strata and Community Title (including drafting and registering Section 88B instruments creating easements, rights of way, Restrictions as to User, etc).
  • Assisting lenders and borrowers with residential mortgage transactions and commercial loan transactions.
  • Capital gains tax, GST and negative gearing.
  • Commercial buildings and leases.
  • Creating Easements by way of Transfer.
  • Dealing with all types of Title. Including Torrens, Old System, Qualified, Strata and Community.
  • First home buyer concessions.
  • Helping lessors and lessees with commercial lease matters.
  • Investments.
  • Property settlements and transfers, family law and de facto.
  • Re-financing.
  • Real estate development, subdivisions, strata titling and community Titles, building unit plans.
  • Rural properties, agribusiness, residential houses, units and land.
  • Succession planning.
  • Advise on real estate agency Listing Agreements and the various types of Agreements, eg Auction, Exclusive and Open Listing
  • Prepare the Contract for Sale required by Law in New South Wales before you can market your property
  • Advise on State and Federal Taxes, including Capital Gains Tax and GST
  • Advise on special conditions applicable to your particular sale
  • Advise on any particular issues which may apply to your sale, eg lack of Council building approvals, encroachments, noxious weeds eradication orders
  • Ensure that your legal rights are protected
  • Obtain all prescribed Council certificates and Title searches to prepare Contracts
  • Issue Sale Contracts within one business day of receiving instructions and constantly monitor progress until Contracts are “exchanged”
  • Arrange for any mortgage to be discharged and coordinate your Bank for settlement
  • Arrange transfer of a mortgage to another security, if applicable
  • Calculate all adjustments such as rates, water, land tax and body corporate levies
  • Coordinate and attend settlement on your behalf
  • Attend to payment of any outstanding rates, taxes or levies
  • Deposit the proceeds of the settlement to your nominated account
  • Communicate progress of the property sale to you
  • Advise you on all pre-Contract investigations such as pest and building reports, surveys and inspecting Council records.
  • Provide detailed legal advice on the Contract for Sale before you sign.
  • Advise of any special conditions which may be required – (eg finance, Council approvals and undertaking of repairs).
  • Ensure that your legal rights are protected.
  • Investigate issues affecting the property.
  • For first home buyers, prepare all forms for obtaining grants and Stamp Duty concessions.
  • Attend to all Government Stamp Duty requirements.
  • Prepare legal documents to ensure the transfer of Title into your name.
  • Carry out all searches and enquiries with Council, Water Board and Government departments.
  • Calculate all adjustments including rates, water, land tax and body corporate levies.
  • Liaise with your bank or lender concerning all of their requirements and coordinate settlement.
  • Liaise with you concerning any outstanding matters including the final inspection of the property
  • Coordinate and attend settlement on your behalf.
  • Ensure all outstanding rates, taxes and levies are paid.
  • Notify Council of the transfer of Title.
  • Communicate with you and keep you updated at all times.
  • Guarantee that you have good Title to the property you have purchased.

Service Areas for Conveyancing and Property Law

Get in touch

Our Conveyancing and Property Experts

Share this page

Property & Financial Settlements eBook